July 23, 2011

Bloggers event - SLA Makeup and Bastille Day celebrations

Last week I along with a few other bloggers was invited by the lovely Nicole from SLA Cosmetics and Nicslife blog to their Makeup Studio at Sydney's Balmain to introduce us to SLA cosmetics and celebrate Bastille Day with afternoon tea and scones.

I'd never heard of SLA before so I was excited to get to know this brand. SLA was created by makeup artist "Serge Louis Alvarez" in the early 1980s, and it's produced, manufactured and marketed from their head office in the south of France. SLA is a professional range of makeup sold in salons and pharmacies. For stockist details in Australia click HERE.

There is a full range of products available, from foundations and powders, to eyeshadows, lipsticks, and nailpolishes. I wanted to buy EVERYTHING and take them home with me.

The main purpose of our visit to the studios was to get introduced to their brand new range of Organic makeup which is ECOCERT certified by the French government. The whole collection has been formulated without parabens and where possible all active ingredients have been sourced from Fair Trade. 


Above is just some of the range of the Organic makeup, which also included crushed pearl loose pigments which somehow I forgot to photograph! Duh. 


Bloggers doing the photography thing at SLA Balmain


Hannah, the lovely makeup artist at SLA,  gave Nicole a makeover using the SLA range. 
Hannah giving Nicole a makeover

I requested a purple smokey eye look (I'm going through a purple phase at the moment!), which Hannah and Nicole kindly agreed to. Quick tip from Hannah:

"When applying your eyeshadows, the lighter the colour the bigger the brush." 


The finished look - sparkly purple smokey eyes


We were then sent home with goody bags containing a french manicure kit, a lipgloss from the new Organic range and false eyelashes. As for the gorgeous pink lipstick below? I couldn't help myself, I fell in love with the colour so I bought it right there and then!


I will do a proper review of these products when I've had a chance to play with them.

To read more about SLA click HERE, and to see Mez's blog post about this event click HERE.

Have you heard of this brand before? Do you love discovering new brands?

7 comments :

  1. The purple smokey eye is gorgeous isnt it! Ive never heard of this brand but it all looks great and I dont blame you for buying that lippy its a beautiful shade! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really interested in their organic line! Let us know how the organic lippie works out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. purple look stunning you you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of them, but I love discovering new brands! That purple make up look is simply stunning, really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the purple smokey eye and can't wait to see more of that lipstick! If it's half as bright as it looks in the tube I'll be satisfied :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey nice blog and the information regarding makeup and skincare is really good and useful, i like this blog very much.Thanks for good post.

    makeup artist in sydney

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...