April 05, 2011

Oh Lover...

When I sat down to write this post I was going to say how "it just happened", "I didn't mean to buy ANOTHER matte blush", how "I tripped and fainted, and when I woke up I was holding this new Illamasqua blush called Lover in my hand"...

... Then I decided, No Lilit, that would be a LIE.


Illamasqua Blush - LOVER

I did not just accidentally end up buying this blush, it was all PREMEDITATED.

The way it actually happened is that I had to go in to town for work, I finished work early and purposefully walked into Myer, marched towards the Illamasqua counter, swatched this gorgeous blush, pretended to talk myself out of it for about 2 seconds, and then I bought it. Not so innocent huh?

Just look at it though, how stunning is it!?!

I did have the guilts slightly over buying another Illamasqua item, some might say one I didn't need, but can you blame me? Look how gorgeous it is?


I had been eyeing off this blush for a little while, and the only thing that stopped me from purchasing it before is because I thought it was too similar to the Makeup Store blush in Lush, reviewed a few days ago.

So since I'm being honest here, when I went to Myer I walked up to the Makeup Store counter first, swatched Lush on my hand then went to Illamasqua to compare the two. Does this sounds like the actions of someone who "accidentally" bought this blush?

Comparison swatch - Lover on the left, Lush on the right

As you can see there is a HUGE difference in colours, Lush is warmer, more red toned and much darker, in fact probably too dark for me to wear in winter when I'm paler. Either way, the difference was enough to warrant the purchase and boy do I love this blush. It is such a beautiful pastel peach, so finely milled, so easy to blend on the cheeks... LOVE.

And I don't know if it's just me, but there is a faint vanilla-y floral smell to it too.

So there you have it, the honest truth as to how I came to own this blush. I promise to be good for the rest of the month and not make any more unnecessary purchases. My name is Lilit, and I'm an Illamasqua-holic *hangs head in shame*

22 comments :

  1. To be fair, orange tones really do suit you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kimmi - You're too kind babe... but any excuse to justify this new purchase is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't tried any of Illamasqua's blushes, this is a gorgeous shade though! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you're killing me with all these beautiful blushes you keep showing us! :P
    Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nat, the quality of Illamasqua blushes is just fab!

    Sorry Angela, I was killing myself obsessing over this blush too, it's just stunning. But I'm going to be good from now on and not buy too many unnecessary things.

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. This baby is on its way to me right now, I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aaah it's so pretty!! Definitely a warranted addition to your collection! I need to pick up an Illamasqua blush, so far I only have a pigment, 2 glosses and a handful of lipsticks (which i love). I just want to try everything! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahaha. I am constantly "buying things accidentally" so I can definitely feel your pain. However, this blush is a beautiful color and well worth the purchase.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been searching for this exact blush for a long time! It's perfect. d:

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Pop Makeup - oh you'll love it! It's da bomb LOL

    @Angie - yep, me too, I want everything in the Illamasqua collection.

    @Christina - with each wear of this blush my pain and guilt is disappearing, LOL

    @Wilbenshire - it is just the most perfect blush I have ever owned, for real!

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peach/orange colors don't always suit my skintone, but this one is gorgeous!!
    I'm currently making an Illamasqua wishlist, and someone else recommended this blush to me also! Oh Illamasqua.. so many choices =)

    xx
    http://obsessionstolivefor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a GORGEOUS colour!!! Now, I am tempted to grab one for myself too!!!

    And, there's always no harm in pampering yourself =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's very pretty!

    I must say though, this post makes it sound like murdered someone, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are too cute, I love Illamasqua too so it's not the worst addiction you can have;)

    Looks great, can't wait to see it in a FOTD

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love matte peachy blushes! you don't have to justify your purchase at all, I mean, you are a beauty blogger LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks girls, I don't feel so bad about my addiction and latest purchase anymore. Love you all!

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all Illamasqua makeup. Great quality and amazing colors! and your previous post on Bourjois is good too. Good quality at good price.
    xoxo
    Marusya V
    http://crashingred.com
    p.s. I write about beauty and fashion too. Would love to hear your opinion:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Check out Expose that's another nice peachy colour. A little bit darker though. I was going to buy Tweak the other day and the chick at the Illamasqua counter at Myer Sydney gave me a little attitude so I walked off and spent my money at The Makeup Store. Really angry :( But I got good products else where!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks The Concealer, not that I need any excuses to drop by Illamasqua, but I sure will check it out. And what a shame the counter chick had attitude, maybe she was new? All the ones I've dealt with have been fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. @Justine - Oh you won't regret it, they are absolutely stunning. Besides being so lovely and pigmented they kind of smell like MAC lippies, in that vanilla kind of way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...