April 10, 2011

Lipstick Challenge Day 1: MAC Impassioned

Well my dear readers, this is the first look from my lipstick challenge collection.

I've had MAC Impassioned for a little over a month and I would say it is my favourite lipstick of all time. That's right, it trumps my trusty nudes and soft pinks, this is THE colour that makes me look instantly dressed up no matter what I'm wearing and no matter what the rest of my makeup looks like.



The colour is described as amplified fuchsia but I can't really call it that. Depending on the light it changes from pink to coral to red.

And this is what it looks like on me. If you feel that these pics look familiar, I have used it as my profile pic for the last few days. But here it is in more detail.




I look totally airbrushed in the pic above, but trust me there was no airbrushing. I think my camera's setting using soft flash gave that effect. My skin is def not as smooth as it looks in the above pic. However the pic above shows the coral effect this lipstick can get depending on lighting. Click on the pics to enlarge.

FACE
Foundation: Maybelline dream liquid mousse in Nude
Concealer: Bourjois Healthy Mix in Light Radiance
Powder: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium
Contour: Benefit Hoola
Blush: Illamasqua Lover

EYES
Lid: MAC e/s in Vex
Crease: MAC e/s in Satin Taupe
Eyeliner: UD Black in Zero, and random black eyeshadow smudged on top
Mascara: Benefit Bad Gal Lash

LIPS
Lipstick - MAC Impassioned


What do you think of this colour? Would you wear it or is it too bright?

19 comments :

  1. Wow, love that colour! I'm a fan of bright lippies, defo one that I would wear

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impassioned looks lovely! This is on my wants list! Pretty FOTD, Impassioned suits you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour! Looks fab on you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilit you look stunning! This lipstick would look horrid on me but on you it's simply divine! I'm so jealous!
    Could you pretty please do a tute on your hair style? It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing on you, you should wear it definately more often!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for your comments girls, I'm really loving bright lips at the moment and so happy I found this little gem.

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love bright shades - I'd definitely wear it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lilit,

    my shopping trip yesterday was successful. I have a new lipstick and that is MAC Impassioned. So thanks to you!

    But oh my gosh is that bright! I post it in that week and wear that colour tomorrow with my new ZARA blouse in the same colour.

    Love the challenge idea.

    Great week start!

    xoxo, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. you really suit it :) i need this shade but always get sidetracked by the new releases x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous look! I really loved Impassioned on you when we had yum cha.

    And that Illamasqua blush is TO.DIE.FOR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really suit this colour whereas I dont think I can pull off this colour. I am still a newbie to lippy (I used to love lipgloss) so I'm easing myself in with nudes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i am just about to pick up a new brighter Mac lipstick for my birthday night out!! i am either going for girl about town or impassioned..... after reading your post am swaying towards impassioned now xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impassioned is perfect for you! You look divine :))

    http://fixyourfacemakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Impassioned! Definitely one of my favorite MAC lippies. You look gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for all your kind words girls xo

    @Steph - happy birthday in advance!

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a gorgeous colour! I never buy lipstick but you might just have changed my mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks Polly, I it's only recently I've become a lipstick lover and as oyu can see i'm now completely obsessed! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy Moly Guacamole! You look so airbrushed - you've sold me to the foundation, the blush and the lipstick in this post!!! Lilit!!!

    LOL! I'm gonna have a hunt of Impassioned and Lover at IMATS now hahahahhaa

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...