April 29, 2011

The good oil - Argan oil

I treat my hair so badly, I blow dry it, I straighten it, I curl it I tease... In other words if my hair could talk it would tell a sorry tale of mistreatment in the hands of moi. But for the past few months I have been trying to treat it well... yes I still heat style it almost every day (bad, I know!), but I have been giving my hair some much needed nourishment in the form of Argan oil.

MoroccanOil Hair Oil - Original
Where has this been all my life! Despite being an oil, this doesn't make the hair greasy at all if used sparingly. While it is quite pricey at $49.95, the bottle will last you for ages. I've been using mine for 4 months now, almost every day, and you can hardly tell from looking at the bottle. This makes my hair really smooth and silky, and I absolutely adore the smell (although I know some people can't stand the smell). In the 4 months of using it I would say my hair feels shinier, silkier, and the dry ends seem less noticeable.


How I use it
On wet hair - After shampoo and conditioning my hair I apply a 5 cent piece to the palm of my hands, rub them together then distribute all over my hair. You only need a tiny bit, otherwise you risk weighing the hair down. Used this way, I can honestly say this makes drying the hair quicker.

On dry hair - I only use on dry hair if I haven't already used it while my hair is wet. I generally curl or straighten my hair, then apply a 5 cent piece to the palm of my hands, rub them together and run my hands over the top layers of my hair, concentrating on the ends.

This is what my hair looks like roughly blow dried and un-brushed when using this oil. Yes, not a single stroke of brush has gone through my hair in the pic above. Normally my hair would be a tangled mess when dried this way, but with MoroccanOil it's smooth and tangle free.


Babyliss Pro Argan Oil Restorative Hair Mask
I bought this a couple of months ago after someone (thanks Kath!) recommended that I check out this range. It comes with a matching shampoo and conditioner but the hair mask caught my eye.




How I use it
After shampooing my hair, I rinse the excess water out of my hair and put about a 20 cent piece all through the ends. I leave this on for about 5 - 7 minutes then rinse. I use this once or twice a week, and on the days that I've put this  mask on I don't put MoroccanOil in my hair as this alone is enough to make my hair feel lovely and soft. It has the same smell as MoroccanOil, so you'll either love it (yeay!) or hate it. I think this retails for around $20aud.

The pic below is where I've rough dried my hair after using this hair mask. Again, it's un-brushed and no other smoothing/glossing serum has been put on it.



I will definitely be repurchasing both when they run out.

Have you used any Argan Oil products? What are your thoughts on it?

16 comments :

  1. I'm surprised you treat your hair so badly because it looks lovely, and healthy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Vintage Makeup - It's the Argan oil. If you saw my hair, especially the ends, 6months ago you wouldn't say it looks healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I just got a small size of the Moroccan Oil, have yet to try it properly so thanks for this post! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, I've done the hair mask before! I LOVED it, but all I'd add is that you have to take the instructions seriously. The difference between having it on 2 minutes and having it on the recommended 5-7 minutes is HUGE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too funny. Both of these brands are some that I use all the time. Comparison-wise, for me anyway, I like the Argan Oil (actual hair oil) over the Moroccan Oil. Personally, I like that it's a bit lighter in texture and doesn't feel as heavy in my hair.

    Great post

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been using the babyliss shampoo/conditioner and I like it, also The Seven Wonders Argan oil range too which I'm also loving, want to get some pure Argan oil though to see how it compares :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Becca - oh you'll love it, it's FAB!

    @Suzanne - thanks for the tip, i've only ever left it for around 5-7 mins. I'll know not to leave it any less than that.

    @Christina - ha ha ha, funny! I havne't tried pure argan oil on my hair, but I probably should!

    @Jade - I bought pure argan oil a few weeks back but I've been using it on my skin and loving it, review coming up in a couple of weeks.

    Lilit
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have the Moroccan Oil or the Babyliss Argan Oil here :(
    I too have been nothing but a bitch to my hair... I am trying though, to get it healthy again!
    Been using olive oil, but definitely want to try Argan Oil!
    Think I should go on a hunt this weekend for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have some Moroccan Oil on its way to me at the moment - excited! Thanks for a lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yhanks for the info, Ive seen this products but never actually trythem, but know i totally will
    Freesia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been using Moroccan Oil for the past couple of months and I really like it too (also love the smell!). It really does help to smooth and it leaves my hair soft and tangle free.

    I don't normally blow dry my hair and I've noticed that this stuff also seems to help cut down on drying time a lot which is handy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never used Argan oil but I looove Moroccan Oil! Smells sooo good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I need to go get some Argan oil...now!

    Thanks for the reviews! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your comments girls, and if you haven't yet tried argan or moroccan oil I highly recommend it. It did wonders to my fried hair!

    Lilit
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lilit and girls,
    Ozsale.com.au have Moroccan Oil at up to 42% off today. They seem to run out of the Oil already but I've bagged a couple each of the shampoo, conditioner, styling cream etc.
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Kath! I've let my other blogger friends know as well in case anyone's interested.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...