February 06, 2011

Illamasqua Lipstick - Obey

No flash
For the past couple of weeks I had been lusting after this lipstick by Illamasqua in Obey. It is the perfect shade of peachy-pinky-apricoty colour that is just right for summer. And I think this is one of those complexion enhancing colours that just brightens up the face.



I googled to see if there were cheaper dupes of it, but alas... I knew I had to get the original. So to cut a long story short I went to the Illamasqua counter at Myer and came home with this little beauty (actually I bought another lipstick as well, but I'll review that later!). And lucky for me the guy at the counter said I could take advantage of the amnesty even though I thought it had finished on 31 Jan.


With flash

The Illamasqua lipsticks are quite matte, so I recommend you moisten your lips with some lipbalm first before applying this.

Because it's matte, the staying power is amazing. And if you don't like the feel of matte lips then top it with either some clear gloss or a peachy lipgloss to enhance the colour.


The colour reminds me a little of OCC Lip Tar in Hush, but obviously in a different formula. I'll do a comparison of the two soon to show you.

Have you tried Illamsqua lipsticks before? What do you think of this colour?

21 comments :

  1. Oh it looks gorgeous!!! The gloss gives it such a different look! Matte or gloss, both finishes look pretty. Lucky u got to take advantage of amnesty :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colour, I think i prefer it with a gloss ontop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love this, can't wait til Illamasqua comes to Adelaide later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Pop Blush - yep, sooo lucky! Though it did make me buy another lipstick as well.

    @Nicole - I like them both, though matte stays on longer.

    @Pop Makeup - I think you'll get as addicted as we're all here.

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lilit,

    wow, that looks so good! Great color that comes straight on my wishlist!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obey looks so pretty! I love peachy pink lippies. I bet this color would look great with a summer tan. I have never tried any lipsticks from Illamasqua but I will definitely give them a look.

    Thanks for sharing Lilit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful, especially on your complexion! I actually like the way it looks both matte and glossy... but I think I'm leaning towards the matte.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks girls, and TKO Mulatta I'm also leaning more towards the matte version.

    Lilit
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lilit that's gorgeous!

    I think I tried this on one at Myers and loved it, but put it back with a heavy heart because I had already spent too much on makeup at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a beautiful color!! I really want it!
    I need to find out where I can get Illamasqua products in Canada, haha!

    Andrée xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jen - trust me I too felt guilty about buying this coz I spend so much on make up, but I had been lusting after it for so long that somehow I managed to justify the spend in my mind.

    @Andree - this brand has only recently come to Australia an I'm addicted. Once you find it in canada no doubt you too will get addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, their products are more toned down and neutral. I just posted my inglot photos! haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. yup, #11 & #21 are gorgeous! I need to get more shimmery shades for my next palette. Love the mattes as a base to even out skintone on eyelids.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kind of looks similar to MAC Jazzed, I've got a Illamasqua lippie called Wanton and I love it (one of my faves)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Jade, my mum's got Wanton. I love the colour on her but unfortunately it doesn't suit me. It's a gorgeous colour tho.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE illamasqua.. I dedicated a whole post it! Love their blushes and their lipsticks! Absolutely gorgeous!

    Obey is sooo nice but totally washed me out.. I'm looking into getting scandal.. such an amazing summery shade

    Awesome blog btw.. I'm following ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...