December 23, 2010

Lipstick collection - brights

Hi girls, and here are my bright coloured lipsticks. As I mentioned before I'm more of a Nude lips kinda girl, so the fact that I have these many brights is pretty surprising even to me.

I remember the first time I wore a red lipstick (the BYS one below), my husband didn't know what to think or what to say. In fact the first words out of his mouth were Aaagh, what happened to your lips? LOL. But now I think he's used to it so he doesn't say anything when I do bright lips.

And here are my brights.

With flash - sorry, with no  flash it just looked horribly dark and didn't give true indication of colours

No flash - sorry a bit blurry, this is the best I could do with my camera
 
With flash
The below swatches are how they look on my lips, I haven't used lip liner or lip gloss and have applied them straight from the tube. PS: excuse the lipstick on the teeth faux pas in some of the pics, and you can also see that I haven't bothered to exfoliate my lips so they're a bit flaky... Actually i never exfoliate my lips, I just use 8hr cream if they're starting to get dry and flaky.

1. Revlon Colorburst - Carnation

















2. Revlon Vital Radiance - Watermelon (I've only ever seen these lipsticks at discount cosmetic stores)


















3. Nyx round lipstick - Fig (I loooove this one, I wear it all the time)



















4. MAC - Lustering (doing these swatches made me fall in love with this colour again)
















5. BYS Longwear lipstick - Red Hot (my first ever red lipstick!)

















Do you wear bright lips? or are you on the Nude lips bandwagon too?


7 comments :

  1. I like 2,4, and 5 on you! They look so sultry! :)

    In the spirit of giving, I'm hosting an international giveaway so join if you're interested.

    Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My next Back2MAC lipstick is Lustering! What a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Toni, they are lovely colours for sure... I'm trying to get the courage to wear them to work who up till now have only ever seen me with nude lips. And thanks for the tip about the giveaway, I'll check it out.

    Sandra - I'd never heard of Lustering before! I actually went to MAC trying to buy Impassioned but it has been discontinued in AU so ended up getting Lustering which I don't regret!

    Lilit
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and happy holidays! can't believe 2 more days to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im more of a nude girl, but I really like the Nyx color. I figure skated and I only ever wore bright lipstick when I competed!
    Your blog is really cute!

    thatssofletch.blogspot.com

    xo, Jay

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE THEM ALL! <3
    Pink lips are the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sriya, and thanks Jay.

    Bright lips are fantastic for summer (it's summer here in AU by the way).

    Merry Christmas

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...